Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Glorious Clematis



Glorious Clematis! Here in Indiana this year, we had a verrrrry late spring. It was very cold and we had quite a bit of snow late in the season. Because of this, my spring flowers were pretty wimpy. My tulips came up late and many did not get a chance to bloom :( However, I went out yesterday to find my salvaged clematis was GORGEOUS!!! I picked this baby up as a wimpy little twig at Menards for $0.50 last summer. These typically go for $14-$18 each. When I found the pot among some of the other way far gone point of no return plants, it was waterlogged, the roots were exposed, and there was only one little sprig of green in the center of basically brown mush. For $0.50 I could not go wrong so I brought it home and hoped it would survive to grow onto my awesome salvaged door I picked up last year as well. And just look at it! This even bloomed before my huge purple one I have had for years. Just goes to show you, with a little love, the wimpiest things can become something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment