Saturday, April 27, 2013

Etsy and Twitter

My sales have picked up recently on Etsy so I decided to try and put more effort into my social media marketing. I have had a Facebook page for Gray Cat Vintage since 2010, but I never really used it and no one ever visited it aside from family. I guess I really did not know what I was supposed to do to generate interest in the page. Fast forward to now. Last year or the year before I got on Pinterest. I have several boards with many followers, but my most successful board is for Gardening and Outdoor Ideas. Since people were looking at my pins, I also made a board for my Ebay and Etsy sales - to which I immediately had people "following" that board. 

Why was this successful and the Facebook page was not? Since I do not post EVERYTHING I sell on Pinterest, it is not flooded with stuff. I pick the "highlights" of my listings and include those. I think that the "less is more" idea was more favorable than just linking a zillion listings to Facebook - which was what I did in the beginning and no one ever visited the page. Now, I update the Facebook page with "news" including recent listings, updates on sales, popular items, etc. and I have found a few more people following the page. 

The biggest difference however has been that my Facebook page is linked to Etsy. See, Ebay does not really allow you to do this. Yes, you can link Ebay with Facebook but it will upload things automatically and self promote Ebay on your page which is not something I really cared to do. Etsy simply provides a link from my shop page directly to Facebook. Super easy - no hassle. Because of this, I also obtained a Twitter account in case in the future I want to promote sales or special deals.

In case anyone wants to visit my:
Pinterest page is here.
Etsy is here.
Facebook is here.
Twitter is here.
Ebay is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment